Parent Migration – Contributory and Non-Contributory
Parent Migration is available under 2 categories – the Parent Category and the Contributory Parent Category. Both categories provide eligible parents of settled Australian citizens , settled Australian residents or settled eligible New Zealand citizens with the choice of 3 migration pathways to Australia. Eligibility includes but is not limited to; Applicants –
- must have a child who is a settled Australian Citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen in Australia
- Will need to be sponsored by that child or the child’s partner.
- Must meet the age requirement if applying onshore of 60-65 depending on their date of birth.
- Satisfy the Balance of Family test
- Be of good character
- Meet health requirements
- May need to provide an Assurance of Support for the first 2 years
This visa allows the spouse or de facto partner of an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen to travel to and live in Australia. An applicant can be in or out of Australia. Applicants must be a spouse or de facto partner of an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen to travel to and live in Australia. To be eligible, an applicant must:
- be in a genuine and ongoing relationship;
- live with the partner or any separation must be only temporary
- both parties must freely consent to the relationship.
- If married, marriage must be valid under Australian law; or
- If in de facto relationship, de facto relationship must have existed for at least 12 months immediately before application